Thank you to all the candidates who ran and owners who voted!
About the Election
There are 4 Board of Directors seats open this year.
• 3 seats for a three-year term
• 1 seat for a one-year term
The three candidates with the highest number of votes will receive three-year terms. The candidate with the fourth highest number of votes will be seated for a one-year term.
The election is securely monitored by a third party company, Simply Voting. Results will be available no later than October 25, 2019.
How to Vote
There are three ways you can cast your vote:
- Online. Visit www.lexingtoncoop.simplyvoting.com
- By Mail Pick up a paper ballot in our stores
- In Store Vote in our stores when you meet the candidates!
To vote you will need your owner number and password.
Your password has either been emailed or mailed to you.
Need help? Email email@example.com or call Amanda 716.886.2667
Meet the Candidates
At the Elmwood Store:
October 12 | 11am-1pm
At the Hertel Store:
October 15 | 6-8pm
October 20 | 2-5pm Co-op Fair
Candidate statements at 3:30pm
All candidates were asked to answer the following four questions. All responses are printed as they were submitted.
1. Why do you want to serve on the Board?
2. Why are you passionate about the Co-op and its BIG Direction? BIG Direction: Our board created a set of ends statements, which define how the world will be better because of the Co-op’s values and work. We interpreted these values as “happy, knowledgeable people,” “local, sustainable food,” “co-op economy,” and “sustainability.” These values define our propose and guide our decisions., Through our everyday actions, we feel we are edging the world closer to our values.
3. What skills, experience, or training do you have that makes you a great candidate for the Lexington Co-op Board of Directors?
4. Please list all potential conflicts of interest you have with Lexington Co-op Markets. (ie. work for a competing business, do business with the Co-op, etc)
Additionally candidates were invited to attend a Board Meeting and a Policy Governance training. These events were optional, however, those who have attended have been noted.