Co-op Cookie Decorating Classes
Kids Cookie Decorating Class
Watch the recording on Instagram!
Advanced Cookie Decorating Class
Click here to watch the class recording!
Co-op Baker and Cookie Expert Rachel will demonstrates how to mix, roll and shape Lexi’s Classic Sugar Cookies, then decorate with homemade royal icing using impressive techniques.
Lexi’s Cookie Decorating Kits
Each kit include 9 homemade sugar cookies, 3 piping bags of natural icing, and sprinkles for $19.99.
Along with the kits, gather these tools to make fun designs and keep things neat:
butter knives or small offset spatula
damp kitchen towel/paper towels
Lexi’s Sugar Cookies
Yield: 2 dozen
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups pastry or all purpose flour
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and light
- Add eggs one at a time and vanilla
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, mix until blended
- Chill for 10 minutes, then roll and cut
Lexi’s Royal Icing
3 ounces egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
natural food coloring as desired
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In large bowl of stand mixer combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until frothy. Add confectioners’ sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and mixture is shiny.
- Turn speed up to high and beat until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. This should take approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add food coloring, if desired. For immediate use, transfer icing to pastry bag and pipe as desired. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.