Both locations are open 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Policy & Procedure Changes
As part of our everyday practices, we follow strict food safety and policies and procedures. Our leadership team is meeting daily to implement temporary changes that will improve the safety of both customers and staff.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitation in our stores and offices
- You may no longer bring containers from home to shop in bulk or the coffee bar
- All customers must use a basket or cart. You may no longer shop into your bags.
- If you bring bags from home we are requesting that you bag your groceries yourself
- Practice social distancing throughout the stores, including at our checkout lines
- We can no longer give cash back at the registers
- We are no longer accepting paper coupons
- Suspended our sampling and demo program
- If you are feeling ill we ask you not to shop at the co-op until symptoms have passed.
“Currently there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19.
Unlike foodborne gastrointestinal (GI) viruses like norovirus and hepatitis A that often make people ill through contaminated food, SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, is a virus that causes respiratory illness. Foodborne exposure to this virus is not known to be a route of transmission.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person. This includes between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. However, it’s always critical to follow the 4 key steps of food safety—clean, separate, cook, and chill – to prevent foodborne illness.” -Food & Drug Administration
Supply and Restocking
We are receiving deliveries everyday. We utilize many small distributors, so there is no one time that we will be completely in stock. Due to the high demand for groceries we have suspended our special order program. If you have questions about the availability of a product, give us a call. 716.886.2667 (Elmwood) 716.886.0024 (Hertel)
Please check our employment page for postings.