Peter Picked a Peck of Pickled….Broccoli!
Looking for a simple way to savor the flavor of our local broccoli? We have you covered! Unlike most pickling recipes picked broccoli sets in the refrigerator, which makes it great for beginner canners. Eat them as a quick summer snack or on the side of your favorite sandwich. This recipe is a great way to savor the flavor of the local broccoli that is in season right now.
Yield: 2 Quarts
- 1 ½ lbs. broccoli – cut into florets and sliced stems – approximately 4 cups
- 2 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbs. coarsely grated ginger
- 1 Tbs. whole dill seeds
- 1 Tbs. mustard seed
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups white wine vinegar
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp. pickling salt
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli, garlic, ginger, dill, mustard seeds and oil.
- Pack mixture into jars.
- Combine: vinegar, water and salt, until salt dissolves.
- Pour liquid over broccoli mixture.
Cap jars and store in refrigerator for 1 week before eating the broccoli. Refrigerated this will last several weeks.
This quick and easy recipe comes from our canning expert Kathy Manley.
PS. If you love this recipe, then you might just want to check out our You CAN Do It Canning Classes!