Everyone! The mothers in your life have expectations this weekend. Mom will be awaiting your call or visit on Mother’s Day this Sunday. Don’t bum her out. Here are eight ways to make her day:
8. Mail her a card. Even if she lives around the corner – everyone loves to receive a handwritten piece of mail, and she’ll be tickled by the sweet designs that are screen printed by hand at (local!) Great Arrow Graphics. Get to it! If she lives far away, you’ll want to pop your card in the mail by Wednesday!
7.Derby Pie Classic pecans and chocolate in Lexi’s perfect pie crust. With a buttery crackly top and chocolate shavings. On sale for owners!
6. Dig in her garden. Break out the elbow grease and plant a patch of her favorite flowers or vegetables. Locally grown seedlings are available at the co-op, and always at Urban Roots Cooperative Garden Center around the corner. If she doesn’t have a plot, make a planter! Try filling a pot with salad greens and herbs that she can enjoy all summer long.
5. Be cheesy A little indulgence goes a long way. Some fantastic cheese – our Belletoile brie – and fresh berries or a jar of apricot almond spread do the trick. Pair them with baguette slices from Lexi’s or BreadHive
4. Make an evening of it. Our ever popular Canning Classes are starting in June. Sign up for a future Mom Date!
3. Bring her a hanging basket It’s the quintessential Mother’s Day gift. Like roses on Valentine’s Day, every mom loves a beautiful basket for her porch!
2. Local honey. Because she’s so sweet!
1. Call her! Pick up the phone and giver mom a jingle. Even if you saw her yesterday, or you have dinner plans tonight. She never gets tired of hearing from you!