April is Grilled Cheese Month!
Caprese-style Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices roasted garlic bread
- 1 cup MontAmore cheese, shredded
- Divinia Red Roasted Tomatoes, chopped
- fresh basil leaves
- 4 tbsp butter
- Lightly butter both sides of garlic bread and heat the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pile on MontAmore cheese, a thin layer of the chopped roasted tomatoes and top with fresh basil leaves.
- Close the sandwich and grill until cheese begins to melt and bread is golden brown.
- Flip and cook until cheese is completely melted and bread is golden brown. Enjoy!
Cotswold Grilled Cheese – featured in the Fresh Flyer!
- 4 slices sunflower bread
- 1 cup cotswold cheese, shredded
- 1 vine tomato, sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- Lightly spread both sides of bread slices with butter and then assemble sandwich.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Place sandwich in the warm skillet and cook on one side until golden brown and cheese begins to melt, 2-4 minutes.
- Flip sandwich over and cook until golden brown and cheese is completely melted, 2-4 additional minutes. If cheese is not melting fast enough, or you prefer a softer/less crunchy sandwich, place a lid partially over the pan during the cooking process.
- Let cool 2 minutes before cutting, so the cheese doesn’t ooze out!
Goat Cheese, Roasted Mushrooms and Onions Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices bread of choice
- 1 cup goat gouda, shredded
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet toss sliced mushrooms and onion in olive oil. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until roasted to preference.
- In a skillet stove top, melt butter over medium heat.
- On one slice of bread, layer crumbled goat cheese, the roasted mushrooms and onions, then more goat cheese.
- Close the sandwich and grill!
Asparagus, Crispy Prosciutto and Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 large slices rustic bread
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 16 spears asparagus
- kosher salt
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Heat a grill or grill man to medium heat.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and drizzle the rest over the bread, oiling both sides of each piece.
- Grill the bread on both sides until lightly golden and toasted, then set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, fry the prosciutto over medium-high heat until all of the fat has rendered and the prosciutto is crispy. Set aside.
- Cook the asparagus in the prosciutto fat pan and sprinkle with salt and grill until tender on the hot grill or grill pan. About 3-4 minutes.
- Layer two ounces of cheese on each slice of bread and cook in same pan for about 1 minute or JUST until the cheese has started to melt.