Spring Side: Scalloped Potatoes
Great for Easter meals, or as a fabulous dinner side. Be prepared, these potatoes smell (and taste!) unbelievable. You may need a second batch for the neighbors!
Lexi’s Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 3/4 lbs yukon gold potato (8-12 medium potatoes)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 Tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. Make sure that there are no bunches of sliced potatoes stuck together without seasoning. Spray a 9×13″ casserole dish with canola oil and gently press the potatoes into the pan.
- Cover with parchment paper and foil. Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Bake the potatoes until lightly browned and bubbly, and are tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To prepare in advance: Complete step 1, cover casserole dish and refrigerate for up to a day before baking.